1.3.12

Mango Banana Smoothie

I noticed on Twitter the other day that Bon Appétit is having a smoothie week, so I thought I would share my latest fave!

This recipe requires only a few ingredients, which is great for me as my trips to the grocery store can sometimes be a little erratic.  Even though there are only a few ingredients, there are days where I may be missing one.  Nothing a well-stocked pantry and freezer can't fix :)

The beauty of smoothies is that you can mix it up based on what you have on hand or whatever you happen to be craving that day.  As such, the recipe below is really meant as a guideline.  On days where I don’t have any fresh bananas, I typically have a stash of frozen blueberries which is equally refreshing and also offers an antioxidant punch.

Smoothies are a great way of fitting in your daily fruit servings and makes for an easy breakfast to go!

Enjoy!



Mango Banana Smoothie

Serves 1

Preparation Time – <5 Minutes
Cooking Time – None

Ingredients

§  ½ Cup Frozen Mango
§  1 Banana – broken into chunks
§  ¼ Cup Greek Yoghurt
§  ¼ Cup Almond Milk
§  1 Tsp. Honey

Preparation

1.       Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until desired consistency reached.

* Notes


v  Very yummy!

v  Could substitute the almond milk for milk, rice milk or orange juice.

v  For lower sugar content, I have enjoyed this smoothie without the addition of honey. 

v  Also enjoyed without the addition of yoghurt, but upped the quantity of almond milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment