17.11.11

Holiday Gift Giving

Holiday gift giving can be a little intimidating, especially if you are strapped for time.  To help alleviate some of this stress, I’ve put together a list of items that I have either received, gifted or plan on gifting.  There are items in all price points, as the holidays are not meant to break the bank, but rather are a time of expressing your love and affection for the people you care about.

HOME
·       Lands’ End Large Natural Open Top Canvas Tote Bag - $29.50 USD + $6  USD for monogramming.  I had heard about these bags for years before I finally put it on my wish list a few years back.  I absolutely LOVE my bags.  I have them in Large and X-Large (and it really is X-Large!) and use them for a plethora of carrying tasks.  The amount of stuff you can cram in these bags without stressing the handles is amazing.  The only caveat - finding someone to carry the X-Large when it is filled to the brim!! 
 


·       Hudson's Bay Company Collection Millenium Point Blanket - $275 to $475 CAD Twin to King.  These blankets are very durable and extremely warm.  Very cosy for those cold winter nights :)



·       Swarovski Christmas Kris Bear Annual Edition 2011 - $140 CAD.  If you are looking to start a holiday tradition, these little Swarovski crystal figures are the cutest!  They also create a beautiful pattern on the walls and ceiling when lit from above. 



·       I started collecting Louise Bousquet’s pottery last year and am eager to continue adding to my collection.  Here's what is on my radar for this holiday season:

o   Cake Pedestal $126 CAD



o   Square Butter Dish $55 CAD

  




TECHY


·       Pico USB FlashDrive in 8, 16 or 32 gigs available at Think Geek - $29.99 to $139.99 USD.  I have my Pico on my key chain and I cannot tell you the number of times it has come in handy.  Amazing that something so small can store so much information!


KIDS
·       Alphabet Flash Cards from Valhalla Cards - $21.99 USD.  I gave these as a gift a few years ago and they were quite the hit with the little one.



 

·       Build A Bear - prices vary depending on style selected.  I gifted these last year to my girlfriend's kids and it was so fun to first give them the “body” and then schedule a date to bring the bears to life.  A gift and an activity all in one!



TRAVEL
·       Smythson of Bond Street Luggage Label Peridot Collection - £60.  For the road warrior.  Bonus - the bright colour will help distinguish from all the other black suitcases!



·       EscapeTM Luxury Travel Sleep Mask from Dream Essentials - $19.95 USD.  For those pesky red eye flights.


BEAUTY
·       MAC Cosmetics Lip Conditioner SPF 15 - $18 CAD.   This is my all-time favorite lip balm - it's the bomb!

  

·       Urban Decay Naked Palette - $48 USD.  I am by no means a make-up guru.  I'm actually relatively new to the whole world of make-up, so this product is stellar for a newbie like me, but would make a make-up pro equally thrilled to be gifted such a classic set.  Be sure to act quickly as this item sells out like hot cakes. 



HEALTH
·       Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis Series = $89.97 USD.  This is most definitely on my wish list.  Her Mat Workout video still kicks my butt!



PET
·       Rhinestone Slide Crown Charms from Here Kitty Kitty - $3.00 USD.  These charms are so cute and the perfect way to treat your pet!  They are offered in Diamond, Pink Sapphire and Blue Sapphire.  Plus, Karen is a pleasure to deal with!


HOSTESS

·       Vice Vodka Icewine Martini - Instead of giving a traditional bottle of wine, why not shake it up a bit and gift them Vice.  Vice retails for approximately $40 CAD.   I was first introduced to Vice while I was at one of my favorite restaurants in Toronto - Sotto Sotto - and they gave us a glass while we were waiting to be seated.  I tend to find icewine to be a little too sweet, but mixed with the vodka is a killer combo.  I cannot tell you the number of liquor stores I hit to try and find this stuff - it took over 6 months, but I finally found some!  Definitely worth the hunt. 



·       Lee Gallery Frames from Pottery Barn - $44.27 to $167.97 CAD .  Perfect for capturing memories of your friends and family.



·       Kusmi Tea – prices vary.  I was introduced to this tea a few years back and I have yet to try a flavor I haven’t enjoyed.  Their Essentials kit includes 24 muslim tea bags of 12 different flavours – the perfect introduction to Kusmi teas.   

Happy holiday shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment