22.11.11

Winter Apparel Dress List

The weather in Canada can be a little unpredictable – I mean we are nearing the end of November and still haven’t had our first snow fall of the year (at least not in the East).  I can vividly remember it snowing while trick or treating on Halloween!!  To help prepare for the elements – rain, snow and sleet, I have put together a winter apparel dress list.

Here’s what’s on my radar for when the weather outside turns frightful.

I finally took the plunge last year and invested in a Canada Goose winter coat.  I say investment, as I am not typically one to spend over $700 on an article of clothing.  I must admit, I had slight heart palpitations as I walked out with my purchase, but in the end I have no regrets.   


I’m certainly a girly girl in that I love heels (minus the pain of course!), but when it comes to icy slushy sidewalks, I want stable flats with a good layer of insulation to ensure my tootsies stay warm and dry.     

They kind of remind me of moon boots, but they are waterproof, with a wool lining and anti-slip outsole.  Bonus – there is a side zipper so you don’t have to lace them up every time!
Looking back, I’m really not sure how I managed to consistently go out with my hair sopping wet, a short bomber jacket with my legs completely exposed save for a pair of opaque tights and my Doc Martin 8 holes.  While I am sure I was cold, the thought of slapping a hat on was simply unacceptable.  After all, none of the cool kids were wearing them.  Nowadays, I am all for bundling up, especially since I got frost bite on my left ear during my no hat days (not a fun experience)!  
Typical wool mitts do not provide a sufficient barrier against the wind.  With serious wind chill factor I want superior protection.  Enter the:
This neckie even has vents to disperse your breath – ingenious!
Gucci 2890/S - $292 USD
If you have ever been driving or walking on a sunny winter day with the rays reflecting off the snow, you will understand why sunglasses are a must even in the winter.
Here’s to keeping warm this season!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment