3.11.11

Travel - London

This summer I finally had the chance to head to London.  London, UK that is!   A city that has been on my list of places to visit for quite some time.  So I was thrilled, even with my cold/ massive congestion and fear of flying, when I jetted off on a solo 3 night adventure! 

Not the most welcoming sky at 7:30 a.m., but I suppose fitting with London’s notoriously bad weather.  Reputation seems to be holding up.  Even had a dual with my umbrella – which I lost – got hurt – and had to buy a new one!


I absolutely adore the little markets and flower stands in the city.  Why are they not more common in Canada?



Westminster Abbey – breathtaking.  Forbidden to take pictures inside, so here’s a shot I took while completing the tour.


Had to include a shot of Big Ben.   


 I couldn't go to London without trying the good ol’ fish & chips and in a proper pub to boot!

  I stumbled upon Basil Street and should have know it would lead to something great…


…Harrods! I had finally arrived…


…and entered food heaven…


Some of the abundant fawns at St-James Park.


Had just filled up on a yummy cinnamon roll and was sad to pass on a GOOP opportunity.


  Oh Canada! The Canada Gate in Green Park.


Despite walking for hours on end, there is still so much I want to explore in this city.   A return is definitely a must! 
Be sure to share any places you recommend visiting in London in the comment box.

*All photos taken by SLF with an iPhone 4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment